Conlan’s motto is ‘Safety First’. We recognize the most important asset to any company is their employees. Our objective is to provide the safest possible working environment for all of our employees and every subcontractor, client or visitor at our jobsites.
Our commitment to safety is integrated throughout our comprehensive Environmental, Health & Safety Program. We have implemented policies and procedures to help ensure the safety of our jobsites. Highlighted below are some key elements of our safety program:
- Established Safety Committee that implements, maintains, updates and enforces our program
- Achieve excellent safety performance through employee training and continuing education
- Require subcontractors to have an OSHA 10 Hour trained supervisor on site
- Mandatory weekly jobsite safety meetings for our employees and all subcontractors working on our jobsites
- Regular jobsite inspections by our General Superintendent and outside safety consulting firm(s)
- Site inspections by our superintendents
- Safety Incentive Program to reward employees for maintaining a safe work habits
At Conlan, we feel that safety is every person’s responsibility. This focus on safety and commitment to training has led to a consistently low experience modification rating, lowering our cost of Worker’s Compensation Insurance. Each subcontractor and new employee is required to go through a Safety Orientation training process prior to the start of work. This process is designed to develop an awareness of safe working practices and to aid us in our goal of ‘Zero Injuries and Accidents’. Conlan will continuously strive to improve our program and achieve a higher level of safety excellence.